Your Journey to Motherhood
Begins at “I do”.
Starting a family is one of the most exciting events in every couple’s life. Planning a healthy pregnancy should begin well before a pregnancy happens. Some experts recommend making healthier eating and lifestyle choices at least six months before trying to conceive. In fact, proper nutrition and care for the Mom and also Dad-to-be are equally important in the healthy creation of their bundle of joy.
WE’RE READY TO START A FAMILY!
A mom’s and dad’s eating and lifestyle habits can have profound, life-long effects on the health of their child. Here’s 10 nutrients every couple should know to promote fertility and increase your chances of a healthy pregnancy and baby.
Protein helps you to maintain an optimum body weight, one of the key determinants in maintaining normal hormones level crucial to:
- Increase implantation chance.
- Maintain production of healthy egg and sperm.
2. B VITAMINS & FOLIC ACID
Besides helping to increase pregnancy chances, they
are also helpful in:
- Improving the success rate of fertility treatment.
- Reducing risk of neural tube defects in the baby.
3. VITAMIN C
Acting as an antioxidant, vitamin C helps combat free radicals and promotes:
- Healthier ovary function.
- An optimum level of hormones that promotes healthy uterine thickening to prepare for pregnancy.
4. OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS
A study done among women showed that high intake of seafood and/or consumption of omega-3 fatty acids supplement helps to:
- Improve egg’s quality and ovulation rate.
- Improve fertility rate among women more than 35 years old.
Calcium plays a crucial role in the preconception stage as it:
- Triggers the embryo’s growth process.
- Creates a conducive environment for fertilisation.
6. MULTIVITAMINS + IRON
A study done among women who have ovulation infertility showed that regular consumption of multivitamins helps to:
- Reduce risk of failure in ovulation.1
- Improve ovulation cycle regularity.1
Acting as antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and even anti-ageing properties, growing evidence showed that polyphenols are beneficial in improving ovarian function by:
- Promoting production of healthy and mature ovum.2
- Protecting the ovary and eggs against free radical damage.2
Well known for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, polyphenols help to:
- Increase sperm concentration.3
- Increase sperm motility.3
2. Coenzyme Q10
Coenzyme Q10 boosts energy in sperm which consequently leads to:
- Increase in healthy sperm count.4,5
- Increase in sperm movement.4,5
Plays huge role in male’s fertility as it works to:
- Maintain healthy testosterone levels for healthy sperm production.6
- Promote production of normal sperms.6
1. Chavarro, J. E., Rich-Edwards, J. W., Rosner, B. A., & Willett, W. C. (2008). Use of multivitamins, intake of B vitamins, and risk of ovulatory infertility. Fertility and sterility, 89(3), 668–676. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fertnstert.2007.03.089.
2. Ochiai, Asako & Kuroda, Keiji. (2019). Preconception resveratrol intake against infertility: Friend or foe?. Reproductive Medicine and Biology. 19. 10.1002/rmb2.12303.
3. Adewoyin, M., Ibrahim, M., Roszaman, R., Isa, M., Alewi, N., Rafa, A., & Anuar, M. (2017). Male Infertility: The Effect of Natural Antioxidants and Phytocompounds on Seminal Oxidative Stress. Diseases (Basel, Switzerland), 5(1), 9. https://doi.org/10.3390/diseases5010009.
4. Sedigheh A., Reihane B., Akram G., Azadeh N., Antioxidant supplements and semen parameters: An evidence based review Int J Reprod Biomed (Yazd). 2016 Dec;14(12): 729–736.
5. Safarinejad M.R., Safarinejad S., Shafiei N., Safarinejad S., Effects of the reduced form of coenzyme Q 10 (ubiquinol) on semen parameters in men with idiopathic infertility: a double-blind, placebo controlled, randomized study. J Urol. 2012;188:526–531.
6. Fallah, A., Mohammad-Hasani, A., & Colagar, A. H. (2018). Zinc is an Essential Element for Male Fertility: A Review of Zn Roles in Men’s Health, Germination, Sperm Quality, and Fertilization. Journal of reproduction & infertility, 19(2), 69–81.
START A FAMILY
Your foundational nutrition for a healthier start!
WE’RE READY. SO LET’S GET SET AND GO!
A healthy, well-nourished woman is more likely to experience a healthy pregnancy. Once you’ve decided that you’re ready to start a family, it’s best to begin the journey with a strong foundation of health by taking pre-natal supplementation. Here’s some nutrients both moms and dads-to-be should have :
B vitamins are vital for proper bodily function as they help convert food into energy for your cells.*
SUSTAINED RELEASE VITA-C PLUSTM
Vitamin C plays an important role in promoting the health of teeth, gums, bones and basically everything that makes up your body.*
OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS
Provides a wide spectrum of pharmaceutical-grade omega-3 essential fatty acids, featuring a propriety triple step molecular distillation process.*
Formulated with calcium, vitamin D, magnesium and four other bone-building nutrients to help keep your bones and teeth strong and healthy.*
MULTIVITAMINS + IRON
VITA-LEA® IRON PLUS
Delivers 28 essential vitamins and critical minerals, to support optimal health and wellbeing.*
ESP Mixed Soy Protein Isolate Powder with Vanilla Flavour
Delivers Sustained Energy with Plant-Based Protein. A delicious food rich in calcium and protein. Soy protein helps to reduce cholesterol.*
Note: Amount of soy protein recommended to give the lowering effect on the blood cholesterol is 25g per day.
It converts fats and sugar into usable energy. It is also a strong antioxidant, protecting cells from free radical damage.*
Zinc is important in maintaining proper body functions, supporting cell growth and promoting good health.*
Our scientifically advanced delicious beverage contains Shaklee’s own botanical blend of Muscadine grape Extract, European Elderberry Extract, Japanese Knotweed Extract and Purple Carrot Extract.*
KKLIU 2973/2020 – Valid until 31 Dec 2022
*These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
*Please consult with your doctor before using any supplements while pregnant or nursing. This is a supplement product advertisement.