Pregnancy is a beautiful experience. It is understandable that parents-to-be are both excited and also nervous as you anticipate the birth of your child. It’s one of the most nutritionally demanding times in a woman’s life.
Pregnancy nutrition requirements are higher to support the rapid growth and development of a baby and strengthen the nutritional reserves of the mom-to-be. So always choose nutrition for two! It’s one of the greatest gifts you can give to your future kids!
EATING FOR TWO
You are what your mom ate.
A mother’s eating and lifestyle habits can have profound, life-long effects on the health of her child. A healthy, well-nourished woman is more likely to experience a healthy pregnancy. That includes fewer pregnancy-related complications, which increases the chances of delivering a healthy bundle of joy. A healthy baby has a better chance of growing into a healthy child and, someday, a healthy adult.
What is good for the mother is also good for the baby. Consume more protein to:
- Aid in baby’s healthy growth and development especially during the second and third trimesters where your baby undergo a rapid growing process.
- Mom’s optimal breast and uterine tissue growth during pregnancy.
Calcium intake increases during pregnancy to at least three servings a day to:
- Aid in baby’s healthy development of bones and teeth.
- Regulate mom’s body use of fluid.
- Restore mom’s calcium storage.
3. OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS
Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) are vital for the following:
- Supports the fetal’s development of brain, eyes, and nervous system.
- Supports mom’s brain health.
- Prevent inflammation.
4. MULTIVITAMINS + IRON
An array of vitamins and critical minerals in pregnant women helps to:
- Close mom’s nutrition gaps so both mom and baby obtain all essential nutrients for maintenance of healthy body.
- Support the production of red blood cell to help bring oxygen and deliver it to the baby and prevent anaemia in mom1.
5. VITAMIN C
Besides acting as an antioxidant and enhance immune cell production, this vitamin also crucial for pregnant women to:
- Assist in the formation of connective tissue, muscle and bone growth.
- Support absorption of iron.
- Support formation of collagen which is an integral part in blood vessel.
6. B VITAMINS
Complete B vitamins such as vitamin B12, folate, vitamin B6, biotin, pantothenic acid, niacin, thiamine and riboflavin are essential to boost mom’s and baby’s health by:
- Supporting baby’s neural tube development.
- Boosting natural energy for moms and the growing baby.
- Preventing birth defects such as spine and brain with folic acid2 especially during the early stage of pregnancy.
1. S. Margareet Schoorl, S. Marianne, G. Derek van der dan B.Piet C.M., Effect of iron supplementation on red blood cell hemoglobin content in pregnancy, 2012 Nov 19; 4(4): e24.
2. M. Sarah D, F. Sarah, T. Larissa, L. Jane, CW.Mark, The Prevention of Congetial Anomalies with Periconceptional Folic Acid Supplementation, Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Canada, Volume 25, Issue 2, February 2003, pages 115-121.
HAPPY MOM = HEALTHY BABY
Nourishment is key for healthier mom and child! Build a stronger health foundation with essential nutrients for both mom and child for a happy, healthy pregnancy.
PREGNANCY NUTRITION HELPS MOMS BUILD A HEALTHY BABY
Pregnancy requires extra energy, building blocks, and cellular assistants. Infant birth weight, rate of growth after birth, and ongoing health can be influenced by pregnancy nutrition, lifestyle, and the health status of the mom-to-be. So, making good pregnancy nutrition choices throughout all three trimesters is essential. While all nutrients are important to support a healthy pregnancy, certain vitamins and minerals play a particularly important role during the development of an infant.
B-COMPLEX PLUS WITH FOLIC ACID
B vitamins are vital for proper bodily function as they help convert food into energy for your cells.*
Formulated with calcium, vitamin D, magnesium and four other bone-building nutrients to help keep your bones and teeth strong and healthy.*
SUSTAINED RELEASE VITA-C PLUS™
Vitamin C plays an important role in promoting the health of teeth, gums, bones, and basically for everything that makes your body.*
OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS
Provides a wide spectrum of pharmaceutical-grade omega-3 essential fatty acids, featuring a propriety triple step molecular distillation process.*
MULTIVITAMINS + IRON
VITA-LEA® IRON PLUS
Delivers 28 essential vitamins and critical minerals, to support optimal health and wellbeing.*
ESP Mixed Soy Protein Isolate Powder with Vanilla Flavour
Delivers Sustained Energy with Plant-Based Protein. A delicious food rich in calcium and protein. Soy protein helps to reduce cholesterol.
* Note: Amount of soy protein recommended to give the lowering effect on the blood cholesterol is 25g per day.
KKLIU 2849/2020 – Valid until 31 Dec 2022
*Please consult with your doctor before using any supplements while pregnant or nursing.
This is a supplement product advertisement.